The latest edition of the Oxford English Dictionary has added a new batch of words, including such Millennium-friendly ones like “YOLO,” “biatch” and “moobs.” Here are a few CNN highlighted, with the full list at: http://bit.ly/2cBtXWQ
- Fuhgeddaboudit: As in, don’t even bother. Example: If you’re trying to get across downtown Atlanta before a Falcons game, you can fuhgeddaboudit.
- Freemium: A business model that offers a product free but charges for special features.
- Moobs: Man boobs.
- Uptalk: When the tone of your voice goes up as if you were asking a question.
- Gender-fluid: When someone’s gender identity shifts between masculine and feminine.
- Non-apology: When you’re sorry not sorry.
- Squee: Squeal of joy, usually high-pitched.
- YOLO: You only live once.
Now get out there and spread your knolage of the Enlish Language!
– D. & J.