Yeah, I have thoughts about the film Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Here is my review in a nutshell:
- Batfleck worked for me. Ben Affleck played him really well and he was one of the most convincing Bruce Waynes IMO. Yeah the reviews for the film were pretty horrible but he has nothing to be SadFleck about.
- Alfred (Jeremy Irons) was phenomenal and I wish he was in the film way more than he was.
- Wonder Woman was great. Didn’t have much expectations about Wonder Woman but Gal Gadot was great and I’m stoked for the upcoming Wonder Woman movie.
- Superman was still good. I wasn’t the biggest fan of Man of Steel but I didn’t mind Henry Cavill as Superman.
- The movie in general….was a f******* mess! It was filled with plot points that were all over the place and didn’t lead anywhere (likely because they were there to set-up the Justice League movie). It focused so much on building the DCEU that it damn near forgot about the main point of the movie…Batman fighting Superman. It’s like playing a videogame where you’ve managed to unlock all the power characters and you should be a shoe-in to win, but you end up spending the entire time mashing controller buttons.
But like I said, the characters are good. Batman was good and I’m excited for future Batman movies because of it.
Another win for the film was the visuals and set designs. I think this Batcave is the best that’s ever been put on film. The way Batman enters the cave is super rad and the entire set tells a cool story in itself.
Thanks to Google Maps, you can take a virtual tour of it yourself.
All-in-all if you’re asking me whether or not you should see the movie, that really depends on what you want to get out of it. If you’re not super into DC comics, it’ll be tough to follow at times. There’s absolutely NO levity in the film so you’re not going to enjoy it on a surface level like you would a Marvel movie. But if you want to see a pretty cool Batman along with some wicked action sequences, then don’t wait for the DVD. –Boitano