ROYALS HOST WHEAT KINGS THIS WEEK
Victoria faces off against Brandon on Wednesday night.
For Immediate Release
Monday, November 30, 2016
Victoria, BC- The Victoria Royals will welcome the 2016 WHL Champions, the Brandon Wheat Kings to the Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre on Wednesday night.
HISTORICAL MATCH-UP: Since their move to Vancouver Island, the Royals have earned a 4-1-0-0 mark against the Brandon Wheat Kings. In the five games, Victoria has outscored Brandon by a 20-13 margin. The Royals’ special teams have also factored in as the powerplay has registered a 5/19=26.3% mark.
WEEKDAY WARRIORS: Tonight’s game will be the 10th weekday match for the Royals this season. Victoria holds a record of 7-2-0-0 in all weekday contests, including a perfect 4-0-0-0 mark on home ice. In the nine weekday matches, the Royals have averaged 34 shots on goal per game, while the powerplay has gone 13/45=28.9%.
– The first 1,000 fans will receive Movember rubber bracelets.
– Fans will have the opportunity to enter to win a special Movember jersey signed by the Royals’ Mo-bros. For every donation made by an individual to the Royals’ Movember campaign they will receive an entry ballot to win the jersey, with the winner being announced after the game.
– Select Royals’ commemorative military jerseys will be available pre-game through a silent auction. Proceeds will support the The Poppy and Victoria Royals Education & Scholarship Fund.
– The Royals have once again partnered with Ali Baba Pizza to bring back the Friends and Family Nights on Wednesday vs. the Wheat Kings. The ticket pack includes four tickets, four Ali Baba pizza slice coupons and four Royals’ hats for only $59, including service charges and taxes. This offer runs until 5:00 p.m. tomorrow and tickets can be purchased in-person at the Select Your Tickets Box Office, by phone at 250-220-7777 or online at www.victoriaroyals.com/friendsandfamily.
– $2.00 from every ticket sold will be donated to the Royals’ Movember page to raise awareness for men’s health. Donations will apply to walk up sales for fans who shows up with a moustache (real or homemade), or anyone who shows their Mo Space profile from the Movember website when purchasing.
Intermission Activities & Promos
o Grand prize of a $100 VISA gift card
o Jiffy Lube Oil Change (approx. 20-30 winners per game).
Promo (second intermission)
– Dress Up & Shoot
o Three fans will race for a pair of tickets to the Christmas Craft Beer Show at Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre on Friday December 2nd.
Give the gift of hockey this holiday season for only $60 with the Royals’ Holiday Combo Pack. The ticket pack includes four anytime vouchers valid for any remaining regular season game and a Royals’ scarf. Visit the Select Your Tickets Box Office or call 250-220-7889 to purchase.