The Zone @ 91-3 is proud to support Canstruction Victoria, a unique fundraising event that has teams creating colossal structures made entirely out of full cans of food all in support of The Mustard Seed!
This years’ competition under the theme ‘Blast From The Past’ takes place at Mayfair Shopping Centre from Friday, May 6 – Monday, May 16 during mall hours:
- Friday, May 6 + Saturday, May 7: Teams start building their structures
- Monday, May 9: Judging of structures
- Friday, May 6 – Monday, May 16: Exhibit open to the public for People’s Choice Award votes.
- Voting is by donation: either $2 or two (2) cans of food for the Mustard Seed Food Bank!
Pictured: Team Knappett Projects Inc. on May 6th.
- Family Can Day: Saturday May 14 from 11am to 1pm
- You can also watch The Zone @ 91-3’s Dylan Willows compete against 100.3 The Q!’s Ed Bain in a Canstruction building competition!
Last year, Canstruction Victoria, presented by The Dahlia Society, donated over 30,000 cans of food which made it one of the largest annual donations in the Mustard Seed’s history!
So with regard to the battle of the morning shows, I got Dylan Willows to hang around a touch after work to discuss.
Here’s some of the best from last year
1. Sysco Victoria – Team Sysco: Drive-In Can-tertainment!
*Winner – ‘Honourable Mention’*
2. MegsonFitzpatrick Insurance Services – Team Tin Can Featuring The MFI Munchkins: We’re Not in Cansas Anymore…There’s No Place Like Home Insurance
*Winner – ‘Structural Ingenuity’ and ‘Jurors’ Favourite’*
Thanks for stopping by,